What is an Energy Vampire
An energy vampire is a person who deliberately or unknowably drains you of energy, emotion, vitality or psychic energy; thus leaving you exhausted. Most of these energy vampires are well-meaning, normal people who has a result of their pain or insecurities are addicted to preying on the vitality of others as an attempt to heal their inner suffering. An energy vampire can relentlessly seek you out to unburden their issues on you, and they don’t stop until they have received enough kindness, consideration, empathy and energy from the person they are draining.
Who are the Energy Vampires?
They are the naysayers who always have a BUT to add to everything, who are the first to put out why something won’t work etc…
The complainers who always have to complain about something, no matter what.
The insecure people, who try to pull you down to their low self-esteem.
The blamers who blame everyone and everything for their problems without ever taking any responsibility for their roles.
The ones who like to guilt you, to get what they want or talk you out of what you want.
The drama lovers, who always have some sort of drama playing out in their lives, you can always count on them to have drama.
The Gossipers on and on the list of negative people goes…
As the true expression says: “Misery loves company” it sure does!
All these types of “energy vampires” have been unable to find the light within long enough to sustain themselves and produce their own energy. They go around feeding off of others in order to fill whatever void they are unwilling to look at. Some of them are unaware of what they are doing and others know but choose to ignore what they know. It’s important to be mindful of the company you keep around, think about your relationships and how they make you feel.
Who are the people in your life, in your circle, are there any Energy vampires ?
Who do you spend the most time with and what are those people’s habits, patterns, words, thoughts, actions in their own life?
How do you feel when your with them, what side of yourself comes up for you with these people?
Do they uplift you, do you feel energized when you connect with this person or group or do you feel mentally and emotionally drained?
Do you feel that you can be completely transparent with them or do you feel guarded because you fear being judge by them?
Does this person add value to your life or do they take more from you than they give?
I understand that there will be those people in our lives that we just can’t “let go” and don’t want to let go of. It may be a close family member, an old dear friend who you love, your boss, perhaps even your husband or wife. Yet, still you can learn to set certain boundaries that will help you manage your space in a way where your energy isn’t directly affected by these energy vampires.
What can you do?
If you know your going to interact with one of these “energy vampires” ahead of time you can use some of these tools to help:
- Visualize a blue and green protective light around. If you believe in Angels call on them to help you enforce this light energy around your shield. Blue will protect your energy and green will heal you and others around.
- Panic Drainage can also happen when someone cords into your solar plexus chakra, they can drain away vital force energy as long as you allow it and are ‘open’ to them. In this case it is recommended that once a month you do Cord Cutting.
- Spiritual baths can be used as tool to cleanse yourself and remove residues, one bath you can always do is use: table salt and drops of lavender in your bath, soak in it for no more than 15 minutes
- You can also use your breath as a tool to help you manage. Just breath in and exhale deeply three times and let it go. Become aware of your breath, this should help you get centered and in tune.
- Spending time in nature connecting with trees, walking on the ground barefoot or sitting by the beach. This will help you get grounded and release any toxicity that you have picked up.
- Learning how to say no to invitation extended by them, you do not need to provide a reason or explanation.
- Don’t sympathy with them, energy vampires stick around with those who constantly sympathize with them and give into their bad habits.
- In cases of family member remember your power is your mindset. You can teach yourself NOT to react on impulse. I know it can be hard at times-because some people are very good at knowing exactly what buttons to push to get rise out of us. Yet your job is to get yourself in a mindset that won’t allow you to go there. You are making a conscious choice to not allow them to take you there. By not reacting, try to change the focus of the situation but if you see that it’s still not getting light then simply remove yourself for a moment from the situation or person.
Here is a video where I talk to you about how I dealt with my mother when she was trying to drain me and push my buttons.
These are just a few tools you could use to protect your energy space from those energy vampires that you can’t truly clear out of your life, completely. Look to those who give you an even exchange of energy, who uplift you and recharge you. Otherwise if you are only surrounded by those who take from you, your most likely to become depleted yourself and fall into their patterns; and before you know it, you’ve become an energy vampire, trying to sustain yourself. At the same time please be mindful of yourself, it is always easier to look to others and blame them but just as much as other people can be energy vampires so can YOU. Pay attention to your own energy, actions and the way you interact with others. Notice when you aren’t sustaining your own energy. If you notice yourself becoming an energy vampire remove yourself from the situation and other people until you have restored your own energy and connection within.