Hello Inner & External World,
Today I had the inkling to write a bit about FENG SHUI, seining as I am getting ready to move once more. I am just about to makw a year in my new apartment in but this move will be very different from the rest… (When the time is right I will share with you why this move is so different for me) Statistics show that the average American person will move 11 times in their lifetime. From the time I’ve been with my parents including when I moved out on my own. I have moved a total 12 times (three of those account my own moves). I moved out of my mothers home at the age of 21. I ended up purchasing an apartment with my then boyfriend of two years. At that time I was more excited to have my place and to build a home, my home. That I didn’t really focus on the energies or “FENG SHUI” flow when we decided to purchase our two bedroom apartment. As I sit here writing this… I am looking back and recalling that the energies in my first apartment were not very good. I remember my mother rarely ever stopped by, and if she did she wouldn’t stay for long. (Which was rare of her, since she’s one who likes to be the mix of everything) Two years later my relationship crumbled & and after ten long months of struggling with the aftermath effects I get offered a job in Atlanta.
I recall one of the conversations my mother & I had after the dust settled and I made my move to Atlanta. I was sharing with her how much my dog BUDDHA had changed overnight, he was a new dog. He had done a complete 360 after just a few days of being in Atlanta. He became very clam, his bad behavior stopped altogether. Everything about him had changed even his eyes; they now sparkled. He went from being a little terror who was always very destructive and snappy to actually growing into his name BUDDHA in a sense. And as I shared this with my mother I added to the conversation that I felt it had something to do with the energies in the old apartment and when I said that. Immediately my mother interjected and shared with me the reason why she rarely came to my house or if she did, she wouldn’t stay very long. She was like ” I never liked the place you bought there, there was just something about it. But I didn’t want to butt-in because I knew you had your mind set on this place. But the energies there were horrible and they made me uncomfortable just being there” We talked some more on the topic, but the point is that YES she was right the energies in my old apartment were not good. Which is why I now understand why Buddha (my dog) was always so anxious and aggravated…
My Angel in the past has told me that places and things hold energy especially homes they leave an imprint that lingers around from pervious owners. Homes and bodies are not just made of purely physical matter; they also vibrate with quiet, invisible energy. Which why doing a spiritual cleansing before moving into any place is important as it clears away all the emotional and psychic “garbage” that may have gathered over years or even hundred of years… ( Cleansing Ritual to Clear a Space) However, there are times when a basic spiritual cleansing may not be enough and you will have to look into different alternatives…
When the energies in a place are too harsh and not in alignment with yours it will interfere with your inner & external world. Making the atmosphere desperately uncomfortable, you may find yourself moodier more often, experience negative emotions frequently and we know that experiencing those types of emotions on a constant basis will eventually start to affect your external world and those things around it. The atmosphere and mood of people within a space affect the space as well.
In my old apartment I can say it was a combination of the apartment already having very harsh energies ‘yin spirit’ combined with the energies of my then partner who suppressed all his issues and emotions. Hence then moving into an apartment with already bad energy flow naturally overtime it brought out those repressed sides of himself which added to the already funky energy in the house which created a hostile environment until eventually the house “kicked us out”. Which is quite funny NOW… Because I spoke with my Angel right around the time I was in the process of closing on the apartment and I recall my Angel telling me that the apartment I chose only has a two-year cycle for me and that after two years it would kick me out…
That is exactly what happened two months after we made two years in that apartment, our relationship fell apart which caused us both to leave it. My angel was on the money with that. Though what I didn’t know at that time, was that the house was going to “kick me out” by having my relationship come to an end. This human experience is so darn fascinating to me. I love being able to see the inner workings of how the Universe – Source Energy – GOD takes care of the “HOW” something is going to happen… Even when “how” it happens causes you growing pains. Yet when your able to overcome them & arrive at a new destination. You can then look back and see the big picture of how everything worked out, even when you couldn’t see “how” it would all work out.
It’s important to be aware and in tune when you are looking to move into a new place. If it doesn’t feel right, follow your feelings. Everyone has the ability to “feel” this energy. Which the Chinese call this energy ‘chi’ it flows through the environment, through buildings, and through the human body. Some people have a more heightened awareness than others, but everyone has the potential to sense the quality of energy around them. Homes can be friendly and warm, or cold, angry and hostile. There are kind homes and aggressive homes, lucky homes and unlucky homes. The more intense the energy, the easier it is to become aware of it. Sometimes the energy of spaces is stronger than the combined energy of its owners/residents, and other times the personality of the home owners dominates. Therefore you must keep the Chi moving all the time. When chi is quiet, it simply stagnates and attracts what is known as ‘yin spirit’ which has little power to attract good fortune. Which is why there should be an abundant supply of yang energy. Yang chi is constantly moving, never coming to standstill. Which is where Feng Shui comes into play Feng Shui means ‘wind water’ and is the practice of creating a happy living environment within the home-one that is positive and beneficial at all times.
Feng shui is based on the principle that life in the material world should be made as pleasant as possible and to do this one should live in harmony with the chi energy that encompasses your space and that transforms with the passing of time. Below I will share a few basic things one should do or have in the home to keep the chi energy flowing. On a later postings I will get more in-depth on different aspects of Feng Shui for the home. However, the items I’ve highlighted below are simple enough that even those who have no concept on Feng Shui can easily do and it will help raise the vibration of any home & those that resides in it.
Creating a Good Flow Of Chi
- Perform cleansing rituals every couple of months
- Open doors and windows daily, early in the morning to suck in fresh and bring in the winds from outside. Keep in mind you should open at least two doors or windows to create the flow of chi.
- Occasionally change the furniture of the home, or create a new arrangement of it this helps move the energy around.
- Keep a home clean, organized and cluttered free, energies become stuck in places that are very cluttered, dirty and unorganized
- Clean under the carpets regularly, since this moves out chi as well vacuuming under your bed to clear the space.
- At least ones a year undertake ‘spring cleaning’
- Every time you makes changes, you must be conscious that you are refreshing the energy by moving the chi.
- Burning incense, candles, or burning oils increase the vibration of a home and can uplift the overall mood. Frankincense, Sandalwood, Rose and Balsam fir are particularly effective for stimulating the pineal gland and raising frequency.
- Sound helps raise the vibration of an environment. Playing instrumental, meditation music, or any type of music that is soothing can be played in the house for a little while to raise the vibration of the home and people who reside in it. Below I have shared a link on the power sound can have on water molecules.
Consider incorporating COLOR to your home walls
- It has the power to change the entire energy of an environment. Color can change a mood, activate your emotions and affect your subconscious. The impact of color is greater than just what you see through your eyes; it also has a vibration that affects you both physiologically and psychologically.
Always keep fresh flowers and/or plants in your home
- Flowers bring life to any place and they also absorb all the unwanted energies from an environment.
- Always keep fresh flowers/plants that are lush and healthy around. Plants/flowers that are dying or unhealthy throw out.
- I usually have flowers in the living room, on my spiritual altar and in my bedroom.